After all those guitar lessons, and Geoff Logan's attempts to get Colin to practice, practice, practice, and our hounding him to turn off the amp after 10 p.m....he finally ventured out and found a band. This is their first concert at a record shop called Under the Mooch. if you can stick with the video long enough, Colin has a guitar solo. By the way, if you don't know him, he's the guy in the gray t-shirt....with the short hair. They write most of their own stuff, and play quite a bit of folkish acoustic, which I got on video but am not posting because I'll probably get in trouble for posting this much. But Colin is in Guatemala. He'll never know...
3 comments:
His solo even gets a few hoots from the audience. From this point on he will always be able to say "I was in a band".
Oh my! He certainly has the rock star stance down pat! I thought his solo was really good, and he looks like he is having a great time.
Rock on! It sounds like a cross between AC/DC, Blue Oyster Cult, and Queens of the Stone Age. Obviously all of the Van Halen practice paid off for Colin. I am really stoked. It is always fun to see one of my students gigging successfully.
Post a Comment